The path of least resistance for your existing Solaris SPARC infrastructure is to upgrade to new Oracle SPARC servers. This is a good approach for organizations looking to minimize change and risk. With the Solaris Compatibility Guarantee, it is likely that your existing applications will continue to function correctly on the new hardware whether you choose Solaris 10 or Solaris 11.
There are a number of hazards to avoid, but also several quick wins if you know where to look.
Articles from Solid Systems Australia
- SPARC T-Series - LDoms vs Zones
- Transitioning to Solaris 11
- Application Migration on Solaris
- ZFS with Solaris Containers
- Solaris Legacy Containers
How We Can Help
We have the experience to guide you through a Solaris SPARC Consolidation project.
Our SPARC Consolidation solution consists of the following:
- New Oracle SPARC T4 or SPARC T5 servers
- Solaris 10 or Solaris 11
- Virtualization using LDoms and Solaris Containers (zones)
- Source system analysis
- Storage and network design
- Proven consolidation methodology
- Information gathering and solution design
- Technical design and build
- Migration and/or upgrade
- Post-migration support
Contact us for details.